Saturday 16 September 2017

Store Bay Local Cuisine

Many a person would have visited this beach for the lively experience and breathtaking views of sunsets and the landing airplanes. My friend and I just arrived to our sister isle, Tobago around noon and we were famished to say the least. We drove to Store Bay to have a meal from one of the five local food sheds present.



To our unfortunate surprise two out of the five were closed so our choices were limited. Nevertheless, our choice was beyond exceptional. We decided upon Miss Joycies Local Cuisine where my companion had some stew chicken and dumplings with lentil peas. I wanted to have some lambi (Conch) but to my dismay, i was too late and all was finished. I was also apprehensive about being on a glass-bottom boat after having such a heavy meal and opted for some french fries. However upon seeing the stew chicken and the peas, I had to change my order. It was so inviting and I was very fortunate that Tessa and Bridget were very accommodating and allowed me to change my order and even enticed me into having some curry goat instead of the chicken. I finally chose upon the stew chicken with lentil peas and provision (Sweet potatoes and Dasheen).





The food was amazing and to die for. Kudos to these two amazing persons that were so kind and great to converse with. I will definitely be patronizing this establishment in the near future.

If you ever find yourself in Store Bay, I would recommend you try Miss Joycies for their exceptional customer service and amazing food, but please come early so you can try the lambi.

No comments:

Post a Comment